Re: Re: The Magic of Others - learning Theist magic (Was Heortling Common Magic thread)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:33:47 -0800

> I'm just being chatty today -

Well, so am I...

> Personally, I am not applying that rule to the Heortlings - I don't
> see why a devotee of Orlanth the Thunderer cannot ask for Divine Aid
> from those gods or goddesses who aided Orlanth. I appreciate the
> difference between initiate and devotee (in my game - and in David's
> game - few characters are devotees. Heck at least half don't
> concentrate magic), but if Ernalda helped Orlanth, a devotee of
> Orlanth should be able to ask Ernalda for help.

You're certainly welcome to ignore bits of the rules that are inconvenient ;-).

I'd rather see a Godi ask another human for help to call on the other god than to let the devotee contact just anyone in the pantheon. If nothing else, there's more chance for character interaction. "Guys, we need to contact Asrelia, but to do that we have to ask old Granny Erissa to help, and she...".

RR
- Richelieu