Re: Heortling Sex and Marriage

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:40:02 -0000

> But most of us don't live in a world where the gods actually come
> down on their whole extended family (and more) if the prohibition
> is ignored.

Well perhaps most of us no longer believe that the 'gods actually come down on their whole extended family'. But people did believe this, and they still had affairs.

It may just be me, but in my glorantha, people are just as fallible, just prone to 'sin', and just as keen to atone for their sins as they are in the real world. I think that the 'Fall' is a myth retold in new forms with each age, both mythic and heroic, in Glorantha.

But of course YGMV.