Re: Re: Pregnant Vingans?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:24:17 -0000

On 24 Mar 2004 at 20:18, Stephen Tempest wrote:

> Turn it the other way: Is it possible for a Gloranthan woman to become
> pregnant at all unless she (or her partner) have made the correct
> prayers and sacrifices to a deity of fertility?

Does it aid gaming/storytelling to have either 100% reliable contraception available to all, or no contraception at all? I think not, myself. Somewhere in between the extremes is more useful.

FWIW, in the Real World a contraception method that's "only" 94% reliable is "not recommended for women for whom pregnancy is totally unacceptable." (I work for the company that makes it). An "Orlanthi all" isn't going to help here.

> If that's too strong for you, I refer you to the Ernalda Allmother
> feat "Aid contraception" (ST p188).

That would be TR 188, I think. And there's the parallel feat next to it "aid conception".