Faceless Statue

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:34:18 EST

Throne is 100feet high and was sat on by the Faceless Statue - so that ties in with approx 500ft. (although could be shorter). There is a statue of Karrg in Dagori Inkarth that is 400ft tall, so it is not unprecedented - let's hope that a modern day Pavis doesn't animate Karrg's Statue!

My own impausible and almost certainly untrue theory is that Greg used certain everyday objects as props in some of his games and came up with things using out of scale children's toys. For the faceless statue if you imagine it as a normal size human with 25mm metal figures as Lord Pavis and the rest of the Gloranthan world you get a 1:72scale in reverse Facelsss statue - about 432ft. I think this is the only part of this post that akes it Hero-Quest-RP appropriate, as a game hint: "use out of scale childrens toys as game props"

For the giant baby in the Cradle one needs a smallish baby doll. For the Watchdog of Feroda imagine using your arms and head on a table with little 25mm figures at it is curiously close in scale (also, check out Mikey from Monsters Inc and see if you think there is a similarity with the Watchdog).

The Watchdog, reassembled from the arms and head of some larger statue looks like it comes from a staute about 500ft tall so there were several in existence in the Second Age.

In my Imperial Age Pavis the statue is Lord Labrygon's slave proto-type deity, Jogrampur mark I, exported from Pamaltela, while the Umathelans perfected Jogrampur II, a proper working model. Jogrampur => Jog => Watch-jog = Watchdog.

Keith