Re: Re: Dream walking?

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:58:18 +0000

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:34:54 -0000, Alex wrote:

>--- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, "Moah, platypus powaaa!"
><MOAH_at_m...> wrote:
>> Which reminds me: is it an error or is it normal that there is
>> no Yinkin or Vinga Disciple?
>
>Surely the technical name for the former is "a cat".
>
>I do think the line between what's devotion, what's being a disciple,
>what's heroforming, and what's 'unusual special relationship' is
>somewhat fuzzy. Rather than try to be too prescriptive, it's no bad
>thing to let the player pick whichever mechanically seems the most apt
>to them, subject to whatever's been established as the 'benchmark' in
>a given group.
>
>Cheers,
>Alex.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that there exists at least the potential for Disciples of every god, at least every god with devotees.

The issue though is that there are so few of them that there's not a distinct enough pattern to tell the difference between a hardcore devotee and a disciple. There probably are just about enough Wind Lords to see a pattern, that they are to devotees what devotees are to initiates, but how many people are going to know more than one Yinkin devotee?

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac