Re: Re: Distances? Trave Rates!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:06:20 +0100 (BST)

 Me, re Lunars:
> > Still, from the POV of my players and the PCs I
> run, "Far too big" and "a
> > long way away but not far enough" covers it
> nicely!

Joerg:

> I still feel more comfortable to know how long I
> need to walk in order to
> leave my people's frame of reference. How far do the
> Heortlings drive
> their herds in transhumance?

Oh, agreed, I'd like to know all this stuff. How far from one stead to the next, how long does it take, and so on. Maybe even how long it takes to get to, say, Pavis. Hence my plea for a Sartar map. But for really "foreign" places, no. "A long way away" is all I need to know.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html