Re: Re: Greetings and Felicitations

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:05:28 -0700

> I thought that non-Americans considered that the USA was the Lunar Empire
and Sartar was poor old Britain.

What? We've invaded Britain? Damn, I never heard about that, talk about muzzling the press!

Sartar can be many things to many people, Russia-Afghanistan, Russia-Central Asia, Britain-[Africa], Britain-Afghanistan, America-Phillipines, America-Afghanistan, Britain-13 Colonies, France-Morocco, Italy-Libya, Italy-Somalia, Rome-Brittania, Rome-Gaul (except for one little village in Armorica...), Greece-Thrace, etc, etc, etc. There needs to be a disparity in Manpower and "technology"/magic. And of course, omne side needs to be an underdog :-). Macedonia-Persia isn't a good analogy, nor is Germany-Russia, or America-Japan.

Since I've been reading Hopkirk recently, I'm just sorry that there isn't another empire actively going after Sartar, so that we could have Great Game scenarios of foiling the [Other Empire]' spies and advance scouts, while trying to win the hearts (hah!) and minds (double hah!) of the Sartarites.

RR
- Richelieu