Re: Last Refuge of Scoundrels

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:36:30 -0000

Bryan neglects to mention his role in Trader Princes as inspiration and ideas man. Bryan, I would never have gotten this far without your wierd ideas, bro. Know this.

> *yoink* Whether or not I use it centrally, a Trader Prince is too
> interesting not to keep in mind for possible backround
opportunities.

Yes, one of the big factors in "Trader Princes: Blood Over Gold" was to provide a venue for a more "Open" style of HeroQuest game than had been previously published.

Anyone can walk off a ship at Fay Jee. Anyone can canoe down the river to The Big City seeking their fortune.

The Prince cannot really afford to be choosy about who he hires. Things are pretty grim for House Caroman and the Family DuDerysi.

> And to be honest, a coastal city in the Southern Manirian region
has
> already crossed my mind. Make it my Mos Eisley/Casablanca port of
> call. Traders from everywhere, desperate refugees, seekers of
> knowledge, all in one turbulent pot.

Yep!

> One does hope. One does hope.
>
> LC

Yes, good luck with that! I'll see if I can track down any other members of the Glorantha Tribe in Montreal. I can recommend Hyperborea games greatly.

Your questions and comments have really livened up the list in the ways it was meant to be livened up.

Thanks!

Jeff