Re: Troy - not as bad as I feared, Not as good as I would have liked.

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:10:48 -0500

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> ObGlorantha
> Achilles shows several masteries in Sword and Shield - I'd give him a
> couple-three masteries over a normal warrior, and maybe 10 points over
> Hector - enough that the fight between Achilles and Hector looked like it
> *might* be posssible for Hector to win, given luck (and if he wasn't
> so sure
> of his own doom). Achilles also has some combat feats - his Leaping
> Neck Jab
> is a signature move!

He's also extremely good with spear and javelin; he knocks a guy off his horse from a goodly distance, and he flings a javelin through a tree (it sticks in the tree with the point coming out the other side). There's also a great move in the fight with Hector where Achilles uses his shield to support his spear while he does a vicious jap like someone using a pool cue. Achilles' fight scenes were delightful but all too few.

Guy (Hoyle)