Re: Troy - not as bad as I feared, Not as good as I would have liked.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:33:55 -0700

>There's

> also a great move in the fight with Hector where Achilles uses his
> shield to support his spear while he does a vicious jap like someone
> using a pool cue.

Behind the back of his head, at that! Very athletic fencing with both spear and sword. At least these guys knew what a shield was for - the fight choreographer beat *that* into them!

I'd probably give Achilles Strong and Tough to go with his prowess with weapons. The movie begs the question of his invulnerability - yes, he's shot through his heel, but he also gets a number of shots to his torso...

Ajax *definitely* gets Tough or Withstand Pain with a couple of masteries - hit in the leg by an arrow, he simply snaps it off and continues forward, wielding a strange-looking hammer/axe thingy (I've never seen it's like in any of the research I've done). And it takes several killing blows by Hector to finally bring him down.

Trojan Archers *all* get "Archery 10W4" - they are able to fire over something like 20 ranks of their own guys and mow down the Greeks like machine guns - it seemed like they never missed - about the same level as the Elven Bowmen in LotR! The Greek archers don't manage to get a single hit in (at least that I noticed - they *may* have gotten one or two).

RR
- Richelieu