Re: Troy - not as bad as I feared, Not as good as I would have liked.

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:15:34 -0400

At 11:33 PM 5/19/2004 -0700, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> >There's
> > also a great move in the fight with Hector where Achilles uses his
> > shield to support his spear while he does a vicious jap like someone
> > using a pool cue.
>
>Behind the back of his head, at that! Very athletic fencing with both spear
>and sword. At least these guys knew what a shield was for - the fight
>choreographer beat *that* into them!

         Achilles also has a "rotate shield after deflecting a blow/arrow then attack" thing that's pretty signature, too.

>Trojan Archers *all* get "Archery 10W4" - they are able to fire over
>something like 20 ranks of their own guys and mow down the Greeks like
>machine guns - it seemed like they never missed - about the same level as
>the Elven Bowmen in LotR! The Greek archers don't manage to get a single hit
>in (at least that I noticed - they *may* have gotten one or two).

         They were augmenting with Really High Wall, Relationship to Troy, and Hate Greeks, no doubt...

Peter Larsen

Engineering and Physical Sciences Librarian University of Rhode Island Library
15 Lippitt Rd
Kingston, RI 02881-0803

phone: (401) 874-4637
fax: (401) 874-5403