Re: Re: Kingdom of War speculations

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:59:44 +1200

Tim Ellis wrote:

>I'm not sure either Theoblanc or the Rokari Church are directly
>concerned at this stage with the Lunars, although they will be
>growing more aware of them. The Rokari faith is very much a
>fundamentalist one, stripping away the trappings added to Malkionism
>added by the God Learners, which they see as being directly
>responsible for the ills evident in the west today.

If the Rokari really saw the God Learners as responsible then they would drop the Abiding Book which they don't. Rokar's reformation was against a Hrestoli interpretation which survives on the Castle Coast.

>For the "more liberal" Rokari, the danger with the "modern" saints
>is that they may be tainted by the acts of the God Learners (and
>although they wouldn't put it in game terms, they might be just
>misapplied veneration of gods or spirits).

More liberal Rokari don't have problems with Saints, only the Church, under pressure from the Whyte Wyzards, do.

>Longstanding, traditional
>saints (which Theoblanc has not yet moved against) are
>considered "safe" as their traditions and liturgies predate the
>interference of the Jrustuli.

Except in the case of Hrestol...

--Peter Metcalfe