Re: Gathering Thunder (mild spoilers)

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:16:10 +0100

David Dunham:

>However, to a certain degree the whole project appears doomed to
>failure, and it might help to have more comments to that effect
>during the scenario. Might help turn an anticlimax into a
>foreshadowed tragedy?

Yes, that might work. And, given what we eventually discover has happened (in Ship of the Sky), one could work that in.

Jeff Kyer:

>And, unfortunately, SCT was expressly written to be the Hero's FIRST
>contact with the organized rebellion - and its leadership. A sort of
>on-the-job interview. It was orginally intended for Barbarian
>Adventures but got bumped from both BA and OiD.

Yes, it would have worked a lot better there. Still a little linear for my tastes, but that makes more sense at an early stage in the campaign, and can be worked round, anyway.

>But at least we get to see what happened to Apple Lane. That's
>hopefully worth something.

Yes, that was a good bit.

Dalamides:

>In the current devellopment of HQ it seems chaos has a little place.
>For me it is as important as orlanthi, lunar or other culture.

There's chaos stuff in one of the Gathering Thunder scenarios (and in Barbarian Adventures, come to that). No hero bands, admittedly, but such could be added quite easily.

JC LeBreu:

>Nothing about Broyan in Esrolia or heort ?

No, I'm afraid not. I dare say we'll see him again, though.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic