Re: Earth to earth (with wind)

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:45:48 +1000

At 06:06 AM 25/08/04, RRobertson wrote:
>I don't think that an Air elemental (of any stripe) has the "oomph" needed
>to make smoke into anything *very* hard. For that, you'd need the
>compressing power of an Earth elemental, or maybe the heat of a fire
>elemental (to actually change it "chemically"). I just don't see Air as
>having that sort of ability. Sure, it can throw a heavy object through a
>tree, but it can't compress something. It's just not in Air's nature.
>
>For my own needs, something a bit denser than a typical "dustmouse" would
>fit what Air could do. Probably heavy enough to be thrown, but would explode
>on impact with a "poof" and a cloud of ash/smoke/dust. *Not* something you
>do around the steadwife!

  Pretty well what I was thinking, but I wanted some confirmation. hard enough to stay balls, not hard enough to take any stress. I can see the alynxes staying away from them; who wants to clean that up? ...except if they wanted to play a joke; I get the impression they are smart enough to have a sense of humour.
  So, they'd be collected regularly, some given to the Lhankor Mhy for ink and paint, and the rest dumped in the cesspit, where the pit gnome mixes them in with the rest of the stuff - good for helping keep the smell down, helping the pit wind. ;) Activated charcoal equivalent...   Then you get the pit gnome to bundle the results up outside from time to time with a dirt cover, so it can be put on (or in, with the field gnomes) the fields.
  Play nice with your daimones and life is good. :)

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---