Re: Flying fighters?

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:46:27 -0000

> > Speed racer crap? Even the theme song (a ska cover classic)?
Geez,
> > next thing you are going to say is Star Blazers sucked! Or even
> > worse, you will blaspheme against Ultraman!
>
> I liked Princess Mononoke and Speed Racer better than Roderick,
but I'm
> not exactly fond of anime myself. I've gotten to like anime enough
not
> to automatically cringe when I'm trapped into seeing it (as
happens
> occasionally when I game at Sandy's), but my eyes are prone to
glazing over.

The verdict is still out on anime, as far as I am concerned (although I loved Spirited Away). I am defending something more important - the glorious cartoons of youth. Heck - if we let Roderick trash Speed Racer, next thing you know, he'll be dissing Peabody's Improbable History.

Jeff