Re: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:45:18 -0700

> I'm sure every time this is discussed, I get more confused. And my inbox
> suggests that it was someone also called "RR" who said not that many
> posts ago:
>
> "(Note, *I* would allow a Vanganth initiate use Flight as an active
> ability (at a penalty) ignoring the "Affinities are only augmentors"
> rule. Other Narratrors have to make their own call on that
> interpretation...)"
>
> So you're saying that as long as they improvise a feat, they can use it
> actively? If so, we have no problem, but I don't see why in that case
> you'd ever want to use just the affinity (with penalty) actively.
> Improvising at a -5 is surely the same thing, only within the rules?

One is by the rules ("use a feat actively, with penalty" is found on page 118, "Affinities", second paragraph), the other is "RR's likely way of running it". (or, "blow the rules, I'm doing it *my* way"). Now if I could just find a group up here in the hills...

On a specific rules answer I try to include page number citations. On a personal opinion I normally say something like "But *I* would probably..." or words to that effect.

Sorry to confuse.

RR
- Richelieu