Re: Re: Flying fighters?

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:45:55 +1000

A resend...

>Jane reminds us:
>
>These are Orlanthi, not modern soldiers. The "unit" is the clan warband.

I can imagine small numbers of Vangarthi getting together in either formal or formal herobands - if only to escape those eternal ' won't stand beside me in the shield wall' taunts, which the ploughboys find hilarious but get to grate after the third airing. But flying can never be taken for granted, and 'tactics' will at this stage probably revolve more around speed and surprise than air arm sustained missile volleys.

But the seeds are there; they have already been planted. In just fifteen years or so new-style Argrathi units will be liberating Tarsh. (Still smallish) Vangarthi bands will have their place in the wyterised magico-military order. Then its on to Glamour.

I think that PC bands will be where these seeds first take root.

Cheers

John