Re: Karse, Heortland

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:03:34 -0000

> Except the capital is in one of the regions, no? I suppose you can
argue that the rest of
> the time he doesn't stay in the major city of a region but truly
travels it. (One week in
> each locale?)

There's a lot of material concerning the itinerant routes of medieval and dark age kings. Rarely was there a set route.

> Well, Whitewall certainly is considered ritually significant, so
Sacred time there sounds
> good. (Also contributes to the general "the rituals holding
everything together were
> weakened", since during the seige no one else claiming high
kingship could get there.)

Just one problem - the Volsaxi (who control Whitewall and have made it their "sacred royal seat") do not appear to recognize the authority of the Heortlending High Kings - and haven't since Hardrard the Green established himself High King of the Volsaxi quite some time ago. Greg can correct me on this, but I strongly doubt a Heortlending High King has set foot in Whitewall for centuries.

jeff