Re: literacy

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:39:27 -0000

> I've always played the Far Place as speaking Tarshite. Alda Chur,
given its
> nature is comfortable with Tradetalk.

Sounds right to me. I agree that Tarshite and Sartarite are more closely related than the old rules would suggest - biggest difference is probably pronounciation and loan-words. Far Point Tarshite probably is a pretty strong dialect of Tarshite though (with lots of Sartarite loan-words and less Dara Happan and Sylillan loan-words).

> John
> (who has never, ever, chucked a prawn on the barbie).

Never? How about just gently placed a prawn on the barbie?

Jeff
(who thrown plenty of prawns on the barbie - not to mention steak, pork chops, ribs).