Re: Musings on Beowulf and Grendel

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:10:36 -0700

>The term "re-imagining" is used on the website. That last time I saw
>"re-imagining" it was Tim Burton describing his Planet of the Apes. I
>won't comment any further.

In our household "re-imagining" a movie means: "Screw up the plot to add wire-fu stunts" (cf the "re-imagining" of Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes, and The Musketeer, which came out within a month or so of PotA.) We had lots of fun "re-imaginging" classic movies: Casablanca, Rick and Major Strasse have a Wire-fu battle in the hanger. Gone with the Wind, where the entire Civil War is refought with Wire-fu. Wuthering Heights, re-cast in the 21st century, with Heathcliff as a street-tough punk (with Wire-fu skills). The list just goes on and on... (They've alrady done "Romeo Must Die" with Jet Li, so that takes care of Romeo and Juliet)

RR
- Richelieu