RE: Publication policy

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:50:28 +0100

> From: mickrob75
> I play a gloranthan campaign for 15 years now !

That's a *long* campaign!

> My campaign take place in dragon pass and heort in 1624. Without the
> 2 books i have speak about, I can't go to 1625 and the dragon
> rising........

So you've played all the way through the early 1620s? What year was it when you started?

I take it after all that time, your PCs are very experienced, and high level?

I think a lot of your trouble may be that the Sartar Rising books aren't really designed to fit into existing campaigns, especially long-term ones. After all, most of us in existing campaigns had already been through 1621-1622 before OiD, and there was no Fimbulwinter. At least, not that we noticed. And that's just the biggest and most generally obvious example of a clash: there are plenty of others. The new material is great stuff, but it doesn't always fit with the way Glorantha used to be, and definitely isn't aimed at high-level characters. And those of us whose existing campaigns are in the "wrong" year have got obvious problems. (I'm OK, it's all far future to me!)

To make best use of them, you might want to consider running a fresh campaign?

Or take a look at the Gwandor sagas. High level characters, running through most of the Sartar Rising material (as playtesters in some cases, I think).