Re: Publication policy

From: mickrob75 <mickrob75_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:45:08 -0000

> So you've played all the way through the early 1620s? What year
was it
> when you started?

It was 1614, just after the starbrow rebellion So it's more than 1 year of real life for 1 year in glorantha !!! :)

> I take it after all that time, your PCs are very experienced, and
high
> level?

Yes, about 3 masteries in their best capacities But they begin to have a great political influence

> I think a lot of your trouble may be that the Sartar Rising books
aren't
> really designed to fit into existing campaigns, especially long-
term
> ones. After all, most of us in existing campaigns had already been
> through 1621-1622 before OiD, and there was no Fimbulwinter. At
least,
> not that we noticed. And that's just the biggest and most generally
> obvious example of a clash: there are plenty of others. The new
material
> is great stuff, but it doesn't always fit with the way Glorantha
used to
> be, and definitely isn't aimed at high-level characters. And those
of us
> whose existing campaigns are in the "wrong" year have got obvious
> problems. (I'm OK, it's all far future to me!)
>
> To make best use of them, you might want to consider running a
fresh
> campaign?

Thank you very mauch, Jane, you have perfectly understand my problem !
You are totally right

And it's why I wait for general books about glorantha, the important npc, the mythology, and the description of importants events, and not about scenarii that are low level ones without all the informations that i need

> Or take a look at the Gwandor sagas. High level characters, running
> through most of the Sartar Rising material (as playtesters in some
> cases, I think).

I know this campaign. Yes, it's a great source of inspiration