Re: Sartar Rising w/ book 2, Lunars?

From: Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:04:32 -0700

parental_unit_2 wrote:

>Two quick questions about the _Sartar Rising_ series of campaign
>supplements published by Issaries.
>
>1. The first book in the series, _Barbarian Adventures_, is out of
>print. Is it reasonable to jump into the campaign with low-level
>adventurers and book 2, _Orlanth is Dead!_? If so, what other books
>would I have to get, if any, to have adequate background on Sartar?
>
>2. Are there any analogous campaign supplements out there for Lunar
>heroes? Or, at the risk of sounding completely twisted, would it be
>possible to extrapolate adventures for Lunar heroes from the _Sartar
>Rising_ material?
>
>Rob

I think as long as you have Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribes (the cults book) you should be ok without B.A. The adventures in it are pretty good for getting the basic "feel" of a Orlanthi tribe. I don't have much experience though, so I would listen to other people more.

I've actually been thinking about doing just that. I think running a Lunar game in Sartar would be very cool and you could defenetely do it with the Sartar Rising books. I would get the Lunar Handbook, Vol. 1 as well. The homelands in it will let your players make more interesting characters.

--Victor