RE: Pavis climate

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:45:15 -0000

> >Is this a mistake? If this is true, then Pavis County is quite
> >different then what I had envisioned. 44" of rain is by no
> >definition of the word, an arid climate.

> One key reason I don't believe it, which I've not yet need
> mentioned, is the architecture. We know what Pavis looks,
> like, flat roofs with ridges around them, very much what
> you'd get in a middle eastern setting. Probably people
> sleeping on the roof during Sun season and so on.

Since these numbers didn't mean a lot to me, I went and did some Googling.

Places I know of that "look" like Pavis and have rainfall stats on-line include Tunis (16") and Athens (14"). Places that don't look like Pavis include London (23"), Frankfurt (26") and Aberystwyth (41") - one of the wetter bits of Wales.