Way of the Samurai Penguin Keet

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:46:01 -0000

Before this gets shunted off to a list with a less numerous and incalculably less discerning readership, I thought I'd add a couple of notes for the scholarly Oriental Anatophile...

Samurai Penguin Keets (leaving aside for a moment the more mystic Ninja variety, or the cod-oriental amalgams which are, perhaps, closer to the *actual truth*, perpetuated by the feathery-backed master of the genre, Duck Norris, whose martial arts extravaganzas 'Way of the Nasobeme', 'Creek-Stream-River Delta Force' and 'Wader, Sartar Ranger' are beyond compare) have cultural antecedents that even I wasn't originally aware of...

For example, Dan Vado and Mark Buck brought out some seminal Samuari Penguin literature starting in 1986, and others have taken the torch.

http://www.comicscollected.com/samuraipenguin-001.html
http://www.slavelabor.com/about_us_hist01.html
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/3362/vado.htm
http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2001/08/06/smallb1.htm