From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 05:13:37 -0000

Thanks to everybody who replied to my query about sites in Glorantha where the pre-Columbian Puget Sound culture might fit in.

Based on responses, the coastal forests of Fronela seem to be the best option in the Hero Wars period. If I go outside that period, David Dunham's suggestion of Dawn Age Umathela seems like a good option as well.

The idea of giving the Rathori Bear Hsunchen a Puget Sound culture makes some sense. The myths wouldn't fit, though: The main culture hero on Puget Sound, the Transformer, fixed the forms of local animals as he was getting the world ready for the first people.

Several people noted that salmon don't need salt water. In fact, we have a small population of little freshwater salmon here, called kokanee. However, in the Puget Sound myths, the salmon are people who come across the sea and return in spirit form through the First Salmon ceremony. Ecologically (as I understand it), you need a lot of salt water to support the large runs of big fish that the Puget Sound culture dependend on.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Rob Helm