Re: The Stormwalk Path

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:24:21 -0000

Hi Jeff and David,

Thanks for posting this. We ought to make some effort to get Red Cow materials posted where folks can see them too soon.

A couple of quick questions on how you handled this.

I'm not sure from the write up whether the quester was Orlanth or Gorangi Vak? Does this make a difference to you? I'm playing Red Cow 'by-the-book' so for my players, yes, it would make a difference to opposition or strengths whether you do a quest as a hero or god (or even story).

You talk about the quester nearly losing his identification with Orlanth. Is this related to the heroforming rules, or simply how you intepreted a contest result?

The heroes gathered alternate versions of the myths. I have always liked the idea - in KoDP too - that people will try to gather stories here to help fill out detail of the other side. However, I always assumed they were just different levels of quality of information about what you would find. I get the impression that your take is that you can perform different myths, perhaps by making different choices. Is this true? Or is it related to the point above about who you do the quest as?

There are some specific locations mentioned. Are these just color, or are you actually helping the heroes build a map of a portion of the hero plane (around Gorangi Vak?) that they can use for experimental questing later. I really like the idea of 'giving players a map' - it is emphasied more by Arcane Lore. We could do one for our game around Ulanin the Rider. I was wondering whether anyone had really started to play with this idea yet. (Of course that map might be constructed through play as much as known when you start mapping HQ, but the point is whether the heroes collect the information such that they might be able to use it later. Or perhaps, whether a clan with a strong association with certain gods/heroes has handed down an oral version of such a map).