Re: The Stormwalk Path

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:35:01 -0000

> The heroes gathered alternate versions of the myths. I have always
> liked the idea - in KoDP too - that people will try to gather
> stories here to help fill out detail of the other side. However, I
> always assumed they were just different levels of quality of
> information about what you would find. I get the impression that
> your take is that you can perform different myths, perhaps by
making
> different choices. Is this true? Or is it related to the point
above
> about who you do the quest as?

For what it is worth, I came up with several variations of the myth (as known by the LM sage):
The oldest was attributed to Orlanthcarl which had no trolls and no Baskelos (but did have the hounds).
One was attributed to Korol Vingkotsson (or maybe Ulanin), which had plenty of trolls, but no Baskelos.
Another was attributed to Gorangi Vak, which had Gorangi avoid ambush by trolls through negotitation. It had Baskelos however. The most recent was attributed to Derik Furman. It had no trolls, but an ambush by Gagarthi. It had Baskelos as well.

My own notes had certain stations "fixed" - regardless of how the heroquesters sought to "cast" the heroquest. Others had a lot of potential variation. I knew there would be an effort by Lunar heroquesters to ambush the Orlanthi, hence the Red Hunting Woman (as well as she may become the players' heroquesting adversary).

Does that help?

Jeff