Gender differences and Glorantha

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:17:54 +0200 (EET)

<Jane writes>
> If it is due to these factors, I'd guess that Gloranthan humans would
> have the same tendencies as RW humans? Or am I missing some important
> point about the early development of humans in Glorantha?

Ah, Glorantha! Now we are talking.

On Glorantha there _of_course_ are quite real gender differences. Even the gods are gendered.

Being a man or a woman (on Glorantha) is not just a matter of genitals.

But then again, there are ways of stepping from one archtype to the other. For magical purpouses a man can (at least in some cases) take the place of a woman, and vice versa.

Playing with stereotypical gender-roles is good for mythical roleplayin, even if it does lead to muddled thinking in the real world.

        -Adept