Re: martial artist occupation

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:32:24 -0000

John

As a complete curveball, you could always run a game set in a traditional homeland and have pre-generated characters. Just so folks could see how the game runs. It removes the focus on the rules that character gen gives you: just choose a character and play.

Its something that I wish I had done with my AD&D mates. The tendency is to try and replicate a D&D character, which is a mistake frankly. Best give them an example of Glorantha inplay.

Puts on RHQN hat: Mail me off list if you want some ideas for demo scenario's with sample characters.

FWIW I used a martial artist against my Heortling players, and wupped the best fighters ass! But then he did have 10M4 in Seventh Level of Lunar Concioussness Dragon Fist Martial Arts! - which only ever has 7 acknowledged masters at any one time. My whole concept was Crouching Tiger/ Hidden Dragon.

Regards
Rob