martial artist occupation

From: John Galloway <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:17:31 -0000

I am hoping to introduce HQ to a group of people that I play D&D with. One of them will almost certainly want to play a monk (or as close to a martial artist as the game system will allow) and since I am unaware of any such occupation description I would like to use it as an example of how flexible HQ can be at tailoring a 'class' to suit the character concept.

Has anyone already seen (or created) a kung-fu style character, and if so, how did they (you) do it?

I have no problem with either modifying an occupation like 'foot soldier' or making one up from scratch but I keep fluctuating between
- skills

This could all get more complex depending on whether or not he wants magic at all, as an extension of his 'martial arts', or as a seperate add on.

Ultimately I will have to wait to hear what he does and doesn't want before deciding on too much but I feel that prepping the pros and cons of the various approaches will be time well spent and I would appreciate any help that people can supply in this area.

Thanks,