Re: Re: e23, beginning supplements

From: Manuel MOLINIER <astaroth.maillist_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:39:32 +0100

7th Sea is one game (even I never played it). In French we had Guildes too (about adventurer on new land, guilds and sea ...) that might have been an interesting one. One French magazine also made a RPG on Pirates. (Casus Belli). For Underwater in future (with beautifull undersea maps) there is also Polaris (French game too) but not of lots of use.

Manuel

  Is that because old list is normally unavailable as it tends to sell   out and not be restocked?

> >Men of the Sea really needs a scenario. Maybe anyone who is
  running
> >one for their group could make it available? - as a sort of
  starter?

> I've been using it in my campaign, but I wouldn't say there's "a
> scenario." If one of my players wants to post the writeup of the
> ongoing sea voyage, it might have some value to show how the book
  can
> be used, but I think it's pretty specialized to our game.

  Anything would be cool. I'd love to write a sea game, maybe as a   one off scenario, possibly fordemo/ convention play. I was thinking   of picking up some 'Hornblower' for some ideas of ship stuff.   Anyone read that stuff and have an opinion?

  Does anyone know of any sea-rpg's that I could maybe plunder for   ideas? Could anyone who has done it post a description of a ship to   ship extended contest (combat)

> BTW, if there had been a supplement, it would have been entirely
> useless to me, or probably to Jeff, whose game I play in. Useless
> me since it probably would have been close to Dragon Pass, which
  my
> game is not. Useless to Jeff because it would have been set in the
> Hero Wars "now," and his game is still almost 10 years from that.

  I take it you mean a scenario book? Is there a general resistance   to Issaries not putting out scenario/campaign books? That what I   like about the Sartar rising stuff - loads of background and loads   of scenario's.

  Regards
  Rob

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor