Re: Sources for inspiration for Heortling marriage

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:08:29 EST

In a message dated 27/02/2005 3:04:02 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time, geard_at_... writes:

> The vows themselves are unstated, so it
> looks like I might have to draft something there

I've taken Orlanth's pledge to Ernalda to be the sort of thing male Heortlings and other Orlanthi might say to their prospective spouses:

"Ever Thine, in the peace of your arms, in the love of your bosom and the comfort of your womb I will rest when I can, sweet Green Woman, between battles for jhustice and peace, between fear and the dying of love for the earth, which is my curse and my blessing and the way of my life." (Thunder Rebels - p244)

There also the ancient poem Argrath Dragonspear invokes at Biturian's wedding:
"Stand together always, two are better than one. Life is short, time is long. Life flees before us. Take what you hold, make use of it.
This makes you better than gods."