Re: Other chieftan gods

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:56:18 -0500

There are very few other gods I think would make effective *clan* leadership roles.

I am with Jane on Humakt, it seems mythically bizarre to give him a clan leadership role to me. Battle leadership, sure. The same goes for Chalana Arroy in my view. I argue for Heler only because there *were* Helerings. (Still are, but not in Dragon Pass, I think.) If an argument can be made for Argan Argar (and the very existence of the Only Old One allows for that) and he was a trading/communicating god, then I personally think there is an Issaries Rex or Issaries the Chief subcult out there somewhere.

Lhankor Mhy could possibly have one, although I think it would be the "Philosopher King", which I believe has been mentioned before. (Mind you, I love the idea of lots of wacky LM cults. I'm still upset the Elasa cult wasn't the Inspiration one.)

I think with work, your Glorantha can have any god have a chieftan subcult. I just think some are far easier to do than others.

LC