Puma People abilities

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 18 Mar 2005 00:28 GMT

Hi there,

now that I got a Puma Person in my group of player-characters, I was reminded by someone that while the Puma People keyword specifically includes the "Shapechange to Puma" ability, it does not include an ability called
"Shapechange from Puma to Human"!

Funny, isn't it?

Pedantic players could point out that there is no prescribed way of how to transform "back" into a human shape.

With my new player today, I simply said the character had
"Shapechange" in the Magical Abilities section, and Shapechange to either form was one ability and started at
17.
I think it would be overly nitpicky to make the player keep track of Shapechange to Puma and Shapechange to Human as separate abilities.

Speaking of the Puma People, I think every self-respecting Puma hero will try to train up their Shapechange ability first, as it's a bit cumbersome to roll vs. a resistance of 14 every time (and fail quite a lot of times, if the contest is 17 vs. 14).