Re: Mod - Getting Digesty

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:49:22 -0000

Yes. I was involved with the Stargate SG-1 RPG and after AEG lost (or failed to renew) the license, the repercussions were amazing. We nearly lost our web-site and any right to discuss the game as it was already published. This agreement is not even in the same league at all.

And the books "in the can" will remain there. Sigh. A lot of words I wrote that shan't see print.

(Insert comments on IP dilution, fan pubs and RPGs with reference to Pern and Valdemar here).

> Read the policy, figure out how best to comply with it, and just be
> cognizant that if Issaries wishes to be able to protect its
> intellectual property rights it needs to set policies similar to
> these.
>
> Jeff

This is a reasonable approach, I think.

Jeff