Re: Re: Fan Publication Policy Objections

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:38:40 +1100

It seems to me that people seem to be a bit annoyed about the fact that Issaries sees the need to treat them as potential criminals, instead of devoted fans who have carried the setting on during the years when it was not (officially) published.

I am a newbie here, so perhaps I should be sensible and just shut up, but this reminds me a lot of some of the talk in the downloadable music industry. I understand that some companies have decided to dispense with copy-protection on the assumption that the people that are going to pay for their music are probably not all thieving bastards.

Does Issaries -really- need to shield itself in this way? Is IP amongst Glorantha fans really such a complex issue that (apparently) repressive measures are justified? Have there been any serious problems to date?

(Sorry if this is common knowledge, I am a newbie)

--
John Machin