RE: More non-Heortling Humakti

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:55:42 +0100

Paul King:
> I don't think that there is a "native" Dara Happan Humakt cult in
> canon Glorantha so a Dara Happan Humakti would probably have joined a
> foreign cult (suggesting that they were either Lunarised or maybe
> desperate).

That fits. Lunarised, yes. Currently in Pavis - "desperate" fits, at least back then when he joined.

> If you want a Dara Happan Humakt cult in your Glorantha it would
> probably be very big on unquestioningly following orders, especially
> when they involve killing foreigners or other undesirables

This is a Dara Happan who has since become Humakti, and I think the same may apply. I don't think I need a full DH Humakt cult, as you say. Unless of course he's a HQer who's invented/discovered one!

Humakt as the obedient servant of Yelm... You know, that could be quite amusing. I'd have to figure out how it fits in with the mixed-up history of the cult IMG, but as a very minor sub-cult, likely to die out due to being Wrong, why not?

(Actually, likely to die out due to player action, I suspect.)

> Well there are Carmanian Hum'akti, and probably Humakti in Tarsh and
> Aggar, maybe Sylila (and possibly even Imther, Vanch and Holay). All
> will have their own variations.

Yep. So I pick one that does what I want him to be able to do... I wonder which of those cultures would be the best fit? I don't know much about them.

Mark:
> Carmanian Hum'akti, sure, and _possibly_ Lunars mixing
> that with something else.

The latter sounds like it.

> Though I'd think YT far, far more likely in that case,

So would I, but Humakti is what I've got.

> I'd say Grim, Honourable, Brave --
> I'd say the best analogues would be Efrodar and Hu types.

That works for me. Though - Honourable? I thought we'd established that the Carmanian version was Combat, Death, and War?

Ah well, the question is then whether I need him IMG to have a Truth/Honour affinity, isn't it? Something to think about (off-list, where the players aren't looking!) I suppose if he wanted a cult about Death, Death, and Killing People, without the Honour side, that would explain avoiding YT.