RE: More non-Heortling Humakti

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:21:02 +0100

> > Well there are Carmanian Hum'akti, and probably Humakti in Tarsh and
>> Aggar, maybe Sylila (and possibly even Imther, Vanch and Holay). All
>> will have their own variations.
>
>Yep. So I pick one that does what I want him to be able to do... I wonder
>which of those cultures would be the best fit? I don't know much about them.

Aggar is, IIRC, an Alakoringite culture. Apart from the New Lolon Gospels I don't think there is much published on Imther or Vanch and less on Holay, but Humakt would be an import there, I think.

Would joining up with a band of Humakti mercenaries work for you ? If so then you've got an even wider choice.

>Though - Honourable? I thought we'd established that the
>Carmanian version was Combat, Death, and War?

Well, what I got out of the discussion was that the "Honourable" part comes form the cultural background AND from the worship of Idovanus. In Carmania, Truth is in the sphere of Idovanus so Hum'akt is truthful and honourable because he serves Idovanus.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.