What did Arkat give Zorak Zoran?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:47:08 +0100 (BST)

> > The bigger impact - and source of a lot of
> potential player plots is
> > what did Arkat give Zorak Zoran and the trolls
> beyond just sorcery?

> But if Arkat cut himself off from his old Essense
> self (concentrating on
> Theism) how did he have any sorcery to give?

Maybe when he cut off his sorcery, rather than destroying it, he gave it to them? All one process?

I have no idea if this is rules-possible, but this *is* Arkat we're talking about.

And what else he gave them - I seem to remember that back in RQ days, ZZ could create Zombies, of sorts. Checking UZ Book - yes, he still can. And command ghosts. Maybe the knowledge of Undead was from Humakt? And then he misused it?

I'm not entirely sure how to turn this into a gameable HQ, though. Arkat must have taught the ZZs a quest they could do to gain those secrets, that's the first step. Would it have been "here's how Humakt learnt to command Undead, but ZZ can do the same quest"? Or perhaps "ZZ challenged Humakt for the knowledge of Undead, and only won because he knew a secret weakness"?

The latter sounds better for putting PC Humakti and NPC ZZs in conflict.

Jane Williams