Re: Life in Esvular 1621 S.T.

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 10 May 2005 12:31 GMT

"Peter Metcalfe" <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> Norbert wrote:
>
> >In 1621, is there a nominal King of Heortland?
>
> Bandal Tigerbane.

All right. I just thought the only title he could claim was "King of Esvular."
No problem... the game hasn't started, yet, and when it does, the player-characters won't immediately get a chance to meet Bandal in person.

> >But do the Lunars have many scholars who are that
> >knowledgeable about the branches and sects of Malkionism?
> >It's 1621, so they've only been in the country for a year.
>
> They've had spies from as early as 1605 ST when they
> attempted to invade the Holy Country.

Spies are a valuable tool for the Empire to have. Maybe a campaign centering on espionage might come as a welcome change at some point.

> > >  Although Bandal Tigerbane is King, real power rests
> > >  with the Imperial emissaries, who would be agents
> > >  of the Governor-General, the Provincial Governor and
> > >  the Church of the Seven Mothers.
>
> >Is that last thing a Church or a Cult?
>
> A "church" that encompasses the faith of all Provincial
> Lunars.

Does it also comprise the faith of the Provincial Dara Happan sun-worshippers then?