Lunar Bureaus in Sartar Cities

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:37:08 -0000

In japanese mailing list, asked about Imperial Policy in Sartarite Cities. Dragon Pass gazeteer answered some, but it makes more questions...
  1. How about relation of Mayor and Provosts? Oh, I know it might not be official, but Mr. Gordius Silverus (MOB?) is certainly called Provost of Boldhome in freeform. (He is from Slavewall in official.) But why Provost? I have found several sources this title. (Comic, Beorgan's Ring, etc...) If each towns hold these guys, maybe Mayors (chosen each 5 years) are puppets of them...
  2. Boldhome King Temertain and Telmori Jeff Richard answered me this question, but how about their loyalty to the Puppet King? One of us remembered that telmori bodyguards were taken family as hostages by Lunars....Or are they truly faithful to Sartar's blood as old king Kostajor?
  3. Martial Law and Tax Collectors I couldn't answer with surety about the stability of Lunar Control in these cities, and peahaps leaders are always moving rather than to settle in one place, but City Ring is certainly Orlanthi even if they are not traditional at least they are in urban, not rural area of standard Heortling. How Lunar Law should be applied to non- of Lunar adventurers?

TI