Re: NPC's and Encounters

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:05:44 -0000

I think this is a very worthwhile endeavour, to which, unfortunately, I have nothing concrete to contribute at the moment.

I think, Simon, that what you are aiming at is those helpful lists of RQ stats for Broo no.1, Broo no. 2, Broo no. 3 and so on, only updated for a new game wherein "Can't Abide Sloth 17" or "Lecherous Eye 13" take the place of weapon skills, hit points or chaotic features (not that the latter wouldn't be welcome of course).

Falling short of concrete stats, might I suggest that this sort of collaborative project could be find its home in a collaborative interface such as a discussion group (too much work but good if you want to bounce things off people) or a wiki?

In a way, the ultimate version of this could be a website (i.e. a wiki) to which one can refer, which branches off into landscape deities, tribbles, troublesome peons, broo with their chaotic features and so on.

However, a series of (UW?) publications would also be a great resource (probably better than a website if your 'publication values' were integral to it) and would certainly tug at my wallet, at least. For the latter, you might find that people are willing to sign up to a closed online discussion, printing off, signing and posting to you the relevant legalities to ensure IPR, within, of course, the new framework of Gloranthan IPR.

My ha'penny's worth there.

Sam.