RE: Freedom was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:43:24 +0100

> >Beginning in 1617, Heortland goes through a tremendous amount of
> >turmoil. King Orngerin dies without an obvious successor and Rikard
> >the Tigerheart and his Seshnegi took over southern Heortland and
> >proclaimed it the "kingdom of Malkonwal".
>
> Why not have King Orngerin (why the change from Owain?)

Good question, esp. since the name "Orngerin" is already in use for an NPC, and repetition may be "authentic", but causes confusion.

> killed by the huge eruption of scorpion men? Since the Lunars
> are instigating events as far back as 1605, to have the old
> King die colourlessly seems rather vapid.

My memories of this are admittedly rather vague, but I thought the king before Broyan/Brian was killed by attempting a HQ that went Horribly Wrong? Wasn't he trying some sort of rescue attempt to bring back the Pharoah? Or something? And came back hideously changed in such a way that his own followers ended up killing him, at his request? I have no idea where I read this, or how "canonical" it may have been, but the concept made a vivid impression.