RE: Freedom was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:09:25 +0100

> My memories of this are admittedly rather vague, but I
> thought the king
> before Broyan/Brian was killed by attempting a HQ that went
> Horribly Wrong?
> Wasn't he trying some sort of rescue attempt to bring back
> the Pharoah? Or
> something? And came back hideously changed in such a way that his own
> followers ended up killing him, at his request? I have no
> idea where I read this,..

Found it! And yes, I did get some bits confused.

Joerg's Heortland page. Finding a link to the right bit of the frame structure may be tricky, but try this:

http://www.toppoint.de/~joe/hcpeople.html

Scroll or ctrl-F down to "Owain, King of Heortland"

Where you will find:
"King Owain is the young king of Heortland. In his mid-twenties, he is still unmarried, having preferred a more heroic style of reign. 1617 When the Pharaoh disappears after the Year King rites in Esrolia and fails to procure his next body in a Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death, Owain uses the annual royal Sacred Time Lightbringers Quest to return the ruler and unity of the Holy Country. His efforts deep under the Shadow Plateau leave him fatally poisoned after an unexpected twist of events. A powerful magical healing restores him shortly, but already on the first festival of 1617 the extent of the poisoning becomes apparent when he impregnates several virgins of noble houses in a frenzy. Kept from death only by most potent magic, his subjects start a frantic questing to find a cure, but by early Fire Season the king has faded away. The pregnant girls are watched closely, since they might bear the heir apparent of the kingdom, but one after another suffers miscarriages, mercifully so since the aborts bear little resemblance to human beings. As the last hope of a legitimate heir has dissipated, a civil war breaks out for the succession. "

Nothing so boring as scorpion-men required.