Re: Re: Kings of Heortland

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:55:42 -0400

Jeff

On Sun, 2005-05-06 at 23:29 +0000, Jeff Richard wrote:

> Honestly LC, not everything needs to be linked together. Keep some
> independent storylines that don't need to be linked together (if the
> players do link them together, that's cool, but things don't need to
> be written that way).

Oh, I agree. I was just throwing out a suggestion. I happen to like that one, just because I like the whole idea of truly great HeroQuests having impact in unexpected ways. But it would hardly be necessary.

> However, there might be some link between the Andrinic kings and the
> land (again, the Hendreiki kings are kings of people, the Andrinic
> kings are kings of places) that people were largely unaware of. Maybe
> by destroying the Andrinic kingdom (which Broyan and Rikard certainly
> do), they also destroyed the health of the Andrinic land. Food for
> thought - heck, that might even be a previously unknown consequence of
> the Andrinic reforms.

I like that, that's a very interesting idea. And since the Pharaoh certainly was linking himself to the lands in some ways, and seemed to have some kind of great mythic/magical project going on with his 6 lands of 5 elements and man, etc. etc., that might be an interesting idea. The Andrinic reforms are necessary for the Pharaoh, since he needs a king attached to the land, and not the people. An unforseen consequence to many, but not to him.

It's a neat idea. Doubtful it will come into play in my game, but fun, nonetheless.

LC