Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:33:51 -0000

Thanks all. This is great stuff. And I can ask Darran if he might share his stuff on Inora (the subject of one of his convention games).

> >From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_y...>
>
> >Very diffidently, knowing I Do Not Understand these things -
isn't that
> >Misapplied Worship? Of Inora, in this case?

We used her as a Theistic deity at the con, but if she appears in Nomad Gods, then I think the canon view would likely be she is a great/ majestic spirit. I'll plump for that so as not to penalise a player with a strong character concept.

> Sans a clear statement that she's one or the other, I'd give the
player the
> choice of what she really is for this purpose.
>
> Mike

Absolutely Mike, and this is the beauty of YGWV. She may not like the idea of the white princess either, so that may change - but its good to have stuff to work with (I'm infinitely better at adapting than creating!)

Regards
Rob