RE: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:46:15 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>Very diffidently, knowing I Do Not Understand these things - isn't that
>Misapplied Worship? Of Inora, in this case?

Well, one of three things is true:

  1. She's a goddess, and those worshipping her as a spirit, yes, are practiciing missaplied worship. Like Sword Man is actually Humakt.
  2. She's a spirit, and those worshipping her as goddess are practicing missaplied worship.
  3. There are two beings, one a spirit, and one a godess, who are being conflated. Worship of the appropriate being is not missaplied.

Sans a clear statement that she's one or the other, I'd give the player the choice of what she really is for this purpose.

Mike