Re: Ethilrist's men and total population

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 15 Jun 2005 19:39 GMT

Not bad. I could get accustomed to that... Semi-nomadic sounds odd when you have thought of the Black Horse guys as an off-shoot of mainstream Western Mlkioni, with armored knights, smithies, thatched farmhouses, and small village churches and chapels that are probably made of stone.

If semi-nomadic means that the County has those roaming troops of hunters, that would be believable. Of course, that would make their diet a lot more similar to that of the Grazers, a fish- and venison-eating society (?).

I even imagined the Black Hourse County people to have a "middle class" of townsfolk - potters, tailors, blacksmiths, traders and so on - who are not mentioned as Keywords, since Hero Wars only gives you a selected list of Keywords for jobs that are "likely to produce adventurers." I always thought they'd have to have their own farmers, and Merchant and Camp Servant just were the only occupations mentioned from that class.