Re: Post-Life

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:39:29 -0700 (PDT)

I'm certainly more interested in having dead characters interact with the living ones than having a side-quest where the dead guy has to do his stuff all on his own. It would be cool to expand the 'guardian' rules or something so that players can use the ghosts of their characters in some way to help out the party.  Certainly the rest of the party could tie up a medicine bundle or something and snag the soul of their dead friend before it floats away. The only issue is how that character will look on paper. No one wants their character sheet reduced to 'sidekick - spirit ally' and three abilities.

t.

> > Ok. So now I'm going to work on rules for keeping
> > dead PCs in the game.
>
> If you want to have living and dead characters in
> the same story, either
> you'll have the "split party syndrome" big time
> (Okay, while Oddi and the
> boys are fighting the giant broo, over in the God
> Plane Harrald is trying to
> keep from beinmg absorbed into the great, faceless,
> amorphous mass of
> ancestors...")
>
> If dead heroes are going to interact with the Mortal
> Realm, they need to
> have some connection to it - a body of one form or
> another. It might be a
> decaying corpse, or a sword, or a beam of light, but
> there has to be
> something to tie them to the world. Or if they are
> going to remain as
> discrete entities after death and not join the
> amorphous ancestors, they
> need to have a cult (hero- or sub- is fine...)
> keeping their worship alive.
> Figure about 1,000 people to remain an individual.
>
> RR
> C'est par mon ordre et pour le bien de l'Etat que le
> porteur du pr�sent a
> fait ce qu'il a fait.
> - Richelieu
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> HeroQuest-RPG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com